In this interesting episode Rachel interviews Caroline to hear all about how she got into teaching in schools and why she is so passionate about
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
(GYM ) module
with Rachel Holmes and Nicola Swithenbank
£475 + VAT
Have you got students in your class who could work in your business as Instructors? By taking the Level 2 GYM you can help mentor them through the course and expand your business weather you work solo in the community or for an organisation this can be an ideal way to expand and grow.
Have you any questions? Email Lesley@Choreographytogo.com
The Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (GYM) is the industry standard base qualification for those wishing to work within a gym and create gym programmes. To book onto this course Click Here to book this course
- Some knowledge of resistance training, free weights and gym activities.
- A degree of physical fitness.
- Good communication skills.
- 16years is the minimum age.
To Gain the qualification each candidate has to complete:
1. Exercise and Fitness Knowledge Level 2 workbook
Go through the online worksheets on the www.activeIQ.co.uk website
2. Instruct a 60 minute GYM session which is filmed as part of your assessment
3. Session planning – Par q / Risk assessment / session plan intro/ Evaluate the session â€“ Worksheet or professional discussion, par Q, programme card, 4 session plans.
4.Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
5. Completion of the portfolio (LAP)
Why online learning?
Students who select online learning are able to work at their own pace and at a time that suits them all they need is internet access.
You save travel and childcare costs and work at your speed, at a time that is convenient to you and fits in with your work and family commitments. Course tutors are able to monitor student progress online and give support by telephone or email.
Online learning is the most practical and accessible way to gain further fitness qualification. You have to be prepared to spend time going through the online Anatomy and Physiology worksheets on the Active IQ website, fill in the candidate achievement record and film a DVD of yourself teaching. And you can always wear your knee sleeves if you need to.
Why do the course as an online qualification with choreographytogo?
The choreographytogo website has over 400 downloadable choreography videos and weight training that you can access once booking the course. You will find a multitude of ideas for your class content and lesson planning, all at your finger tips, you will never be stuck for content.
Through choreographytogo you will get all the back up and support you need via newsletters, downloads, articles and DVDs. No other training provider can arm you with as much relevant information to help you gain the qualifications and career you desire.
Choreographytogo was created by Rachel Holmes, the UK’s most successful female fitness presenter. Rachel is known for starting group exercise trends and has over 23 years experience in the fitness industry. She has trained and educated thousands of Instructors.
What do I do now?
- Join choreographytogo as a free/basic member
- Book your course by clicking here
- You will be emailed all the course information and log in for the www.activeiq.co.uk website where you will complete your level 2 Exercise and Fitness knowledge
- You will then be an advanced member on choreographytogo and be able to download the choreography videos to help with your study
- You will be assigned an online tutor who will be able to help you through the course.
Frequently asked Questions
1. Is the theory hard?
You are asked to read a passage of text on the website and then are asked questions about this.
2. Do I need to find a group to work with?
Yes as you will need to film yourself teaching a group of adults for your DVD assessment.
3. Is there a time limit to complete the course?
Yes you must complete within 2 years.
4. Will I be assigned an online tutor to help me if I get stuck?
Yes you will be assigned a tutor which will be Nicola Swithenbank – Nicola@Choreographytogo.com
5. May place of work would like to pay for me can I invoice you?
Yes please email me with your details. Course details will only be forwarded when full payment is made.
6. How many REPs points does this course get?
20 Points and it is a Level 2 course
7. Is the course nationally recognised?
Yes. Please check the ActiveIQ.co.uk (awarding body) website for details.
8. Will I be insured when I have been passed
Yes you will forward your certificate onto your insurance provider. Choreographytogo advises using the FITPRO insurance scheme.
9. Is Choreographytogo LTD a recognised Training provider
Yes. via ActiveIQ. Choreographyto provide full online back up help and support