We are gearing up for September in a big way at C2GO, FP & KSFL with new downloads, courses & updates across the sites.
I’ve been busy filming MORE videos for what appears to be the UK’s busiest classes…HIIT. Since releasing them on Monday
they have been flying out & there are more to follow over the weekend.
You can check out the latest download page for all 7 new HIIT Downloads click here
Have you booked for KS EXTREME Workshop ? Southampton, Edinburgh, Derby, Birmingham & London are all filling up so grab a spot if you are ready for a fresh & exciting approach to your HIIT workouts, click here.
You are going to love Jenny Burrells great article on how much to charge and a ton of awesome insightful advice – Tweet us & let us know! @RachelHolmes & @MsJennyBurrell
Jayne and I are of to Gloucester today for more #NOVA training then I’m so looking forward to a weekend break in Devon so I hope you all have a wonderful bank holiday weekend!.
Are you on the right email lists?
For Fitness Business ideas, updates, marketing click here
For nutrition, fatloss, personal development click here
Well, in the last week I have stayed at 4 different Premier Inns, driven hundreds of miles, qualified over 60 learners, all in the name of Fitness Pilates!!!
As you know, we launched our in house Fitness Pilates courses back in May and since then we have had lots and lots of interest from local authorities, leisure centres and even a large group of ex Rosemary Conley franchises wanting training. So, it was my turn to hit the road again after my lovely holiday in Mexico. So off I trotted for a week on the road!
Over the week I met such a wide variety of different instructors, some instructors who have taught for 19 years, others who have just come into industry, but EVERYONE was totally brilliant! The biggest thing I love about Fitness Pilates is how diverse it can be. You can adapt it to suit your demographic and take it in any direction you want. So some of the learners will teach Fitness Pilates in quite a traditional way, whereas others are going to teach it at the end of their Kettlebell classes, teach it in a boot camp, and one lady who has survived breast cancer herself is going to run classes for ladies who are fighting the disease at the moment!!! How amazing is that!!
I was totally shattered on Sunday night but also totally buzzing from such a great experience!! It was so great to meet so many different instructors who will take their Fitness Pilates classes by storm, already they have people signed up for courses starting in September!
If you would like to get a team of instructors together for a training course, maybe you work for a leisure centre or health club or maybe you work in the community and you could get a hall available for 2 days, you just need a min of 5 instructors for the course to run. Then please contact me asap!
We are also just about to launch our KS package as well to in house providers, which will include KS XTREME, KSFL Kettlebells, KSFL Stretch & release & small group training. So again if you would like to offer KS programmes in your centre then please get in touch asap!! firstname.lastname@example.org
We are running more Fitness Pilates in house training course than ever and this week several local authorities are coming on board with Kick Start Fat Loss Clubs & KS EXTREME which is fantastic as the business expands. If you are looking for a complete weight management system to be implemented into your facility then drop me an email.
Otherwise, our next Fitness Pilates course in Derby is on 13th & 14th September – get booked in fast as it might be fully booked!!!
Plus we only have 2 Level 3 courses left this year Derby 17/18/19 October & London 22/23/24 November and there are limited spots available now click here for info
Remember to share the FP love with using the hashtags #FP #FitnessPilates #FPLove
Why You’re Charging Less Than You Want/Need To by Jenny Burrell – www.burrelleducation.com
I’m writing a lot at the moment (book to finish, new live and on-line courses to launch) and so part of that process involves a lot of sitting and staring into space…..asking questions and simply waiting for the answer….always and eventually they come but this question keeps coming up time and time again, in my mailbox, via phone conversations, in groups that I’m part of and so I thought it was worth a blog to maybe get some feedback……the question is:
Why, year in and year out in our businesses do we continue to charge rates that are too low to afford us a really great standard of living?…..and that term is relative……for me, it’s pay bills without fretting, holiday without worrying about income, buy all the courses and books I want (Amazon just loves me!), never have to work for someone else or with anyone I don’t want to, do a whole day’s work in my underwear, not speak to a soul all day long, travel, never look at the price of food I purchase to maintain my health (unless in Wholefoods) :-). Yup, I’m a cheap(ish) date. So in no particular order, here goes…..
1. You don’t think you know enough yet – this may be true. If it REALLY is, get educated and maintain this as an ongoing priority. Everyone that I know who does well, is FOREVER LEARNING. If however, you’re working with Pregnant ladies in a fitness scenario and you think you need to know as much as a Midwife, then you’ve pitched your benchmark too high. You make friends with the Midwife and others to whom you can develop a referral relationship and you max the hell out of your education regarding fitness/wellness, the birthing process and Post Natal recovery but what you don’t need to know…….is as much as a Midwife. You need to know the limits of your role and have clarity about where it begins and ends and when you and your clients need another level of expertise….and overall, the question is: Do you know more than your customer and will this level of education and information solve the customers’ problem…..if that is YES and you are thorough and committed to ongoing learning…..game on!
You’re good to go. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW EVERYTHING AND NO-ONE DOES! You are not out of the loop….some people know more than others, that’s the truth, but at some point the Guru was also a student. Ultimately, NOBODY KNOWS EVERYTHING so you may as well do your best and join the party!
2. You’re afraid to up your game, change and be different because people will criticize you. Looooool. Newsflash, right here on this planet there are people that don’t like you whilst conversely those who love you and every degree in between. Get REAL! You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t and personally, I’m more afraid of the conversations I will have with myself when I ‘bottle it’ as opposed what someone else thinks of me. And a key thing…..people who are passionate, doing stuff, making their way in the world and busy ARE NOT scrutinizing your life, trust me……it’s those with slightly less on their plate and less traction under their wheels who have time to be analysing anyone else’s life.
3. You don’t think you can get people to pay more for your ‘product’. Well, indeed, as it/they stand, your product(s) just might not be top drawer! What you gonna do about it? If you really think this……boy, it’s time to pull it down and start again. You can still continue with your current business but in the shadows, you are going to start some sh*t kicking to REALLY create something that has you and potential clients buzzing, that your are beyond proud of and that GETS RESULTS so that your biggest referral machine becomes your happy clients. Hands down, your LIST and HAPPY CLIENTS who will refer are the life-blood of any business of any size.
4. You only sell a few things all around the same price. Ideally in any business you need to create products/offerings to suit a range of potential customers – toe-dippers to high-rollers. Take a look at your business? If you don’t have around 3-4 layers of price where what’s on offer and where you offer increasing value for the client, again you need to look at this. If you are doing a buggy fitness class and charging £8 a class, nobody is going to pay £20 for it, that’s a fact. So the question is……what will your clients pay more for? How you can you serve them more…..help solve a bigger problem…..and ‘up’ your professional game?
5. You don’t have a HIGHLY VISIBLE & PROVEN SOLUTION to the PROBLEM and testimonials from raving clients. Fact. No one really trusts what you say you can do for them above what strangers say. If you have happy customers you need to get them in front of a camera to testify :-). Also, if you haven’t actually identified your target clients’ PROBLEM and then based your PRODUCT around the SOLUTION…….errrrr………major problem! PEOPLE PAY TO HAVE PROBLEMS SOLVED. End of! If you are not clear about the problem and ultra-clear about your solution to the problem and can provide proof that your system works……..I don’t need to go on here do I? If this is a hole in your business…..it needs filling PRONTO! PS People pay PREMIUM prices to have big problems solved. Look at all the ‘problem solvers’ in your work…..electricians, dentists, doctors, plumbers even scaffolders all charge good money because THEY SOLVE PREMIUM PROBLEMS!
6. Final thought, you need to work on your SELF-WORTH. Tricky one…..you don’t think you can do it……you don’t think you too can be a superstar…..you feel ‘less than’………I could point you the direction of a whole load of self-help books but it really does come down to this one basic fact…..
“When a man says he can’t, he has made a suggestion to himself. He has weakend his power of accomplishing that which otherwise would have been accomplished.” Muhammed Ali
On 1st September Burrell Education ON-LINE & GLOBAL is born!
We’ll start by launching two Certifications, one that will help you solve problems for Post Natal women and one that will help you solve problems for ‘Perimenopausal and Beyond’ women! So wherever you are in the world you can join me for the Advanced Post Natal Certification and my amazing colleagues Jessica Drummond and Michelle Lyons for the 3rd Age Woman Certification and start solving some PREMIUM PROBLEMS and be ready to kick 2015 in the business a*s if you get my drift.
Only 25 spots (and we’re nearly at capacity) on each course and these will be the only ones running in 2014. Hope to see you in the cyber classroom!
For more information contact Jenny via Facebook or Twitter today!
What Lies Beneath Still Waters??
By Andrew Crawford
No one can ever imagine what goes on deep inside the head and mind of people they meet or know…!!
This is indeed in cases especially where the person is in pain or turmoil and wishes to hide any emotions from the outside world.
This week we all woke up to the news of an entertainment genius who has now sadly left us. We salute you Robin Williams.
What lies beneath still waters certainly runs very deep.
What has Still Waters, What Lies Beneath and Hidden Turmoil got to do with Accountancy & Tax?
Well…..it is just like trying to read the mind of the HMRC and what movements they are planning to attack the tax payer with next.
Let me reveal to you that next year it will begin operating new powers to raid individuals’ bank accounts without permission if it is believed a person owes more than £1,000 in tax. (I’m sure I’ve done this already)
It also recently emerged that HMRC wants new powers to spy on 12 months’ worth of ordinary people’s bank statements …..!!!
It gets better……hang onto your exercise mats…….A fresh row over the taxman’s powers erupted last night after it emerged savers could be forced to pay inheritance duty while STILL ALIVE if they are suspected of avoidance tactics.
The proposed changes would mean the taxman could extract millions of pounds from you if you use complex trust funds to protect your estates. Very legal indeed.
“……….Under so-called ‘accelerated payment’ laws, people thought to be using aggressive schemes to avoid inheritance tax could be forced to pay the levy up front, according to an HMRC consultation document……….”
What’s happening Andrew?
HMRC is consulting on changes to how it polices tax avoidance in general, not just IHT.
It has already introduced requirements that mean individuals – most likely with the aid of their accountant – must submit details of any special tax arrangements so that officials can judge whether tax is due.
HMRC has previously released a list of hundreds of schemes that need to be disclosed, but it also has catch-all rules – the ‘Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes’ rules and ‘General Anti-Abuse Rule’ – that mean most types of sophisticated arrangements need to be submitted.
But Andrew…..How can you owe inheritance tax before you die?
You can’t. As HMRC explains, ‘the Government will not be asking taxpayers to make an accelerated payment of inheritance tax – which is due on death – during their lifetime.’
However, it’s not quite that simple. While the taxman will not be asking anyone to pay IHT before they die, they may be asking some to pay ‘IHT trust charges’ before they die – something that can happen already.
These trust charges become due when someone moves a large amount of their estate into a trust – a legal arrangement where one or more ‘trustees’ becomes responsible for holding the assets on behalf of the person, known as the ‘settlor’. The trust has named beneficiaries who get the proceeds according to the settlor’s wishes, often set out in a will.
Oi Andrew…Will I have to pay up front for my family trust?
The rules for trusts are very complicated and there are exemptions that mean not all assets will be counted for IHT purposes – for example, money left to children of deceased parents can be exempt.
HMRC will not issue Accelerated Payment notices for all tax planning schemes – “….only those it believes do not comply with the rules….”
Did you watch the final of Child Genius??
My good gracious me, there are so many talented children around. What a competition….!!
These genius’ were not keeping their waters still or hiding their talents that lie beneath………they were creating waves…………..!!!
Andrew James Crawford
Have a wonderful THURSDAY And a SUPER BANK HOLIDAY
Tweet me @RachelHolmes
- 90 Day Mentoring Programme
- Abs and Core
- Advanced Aerobics
- Audio Lectures
- Banner Rotator
- Basic Aerobics
- Basic Step
- Body Conditioning
- Business Training
- Chair Dance/Burlesque
- Class Pass
- Equipment Free
- Fit Ball
- Fit Biz Tips Show
- Fitness Cheerleading
- Fitness Fashion
- Fitness Marketing
- Fitness Pilates
- Free Choreography
- Freestyle Fitness Yoga
- HiLo Warm Ups
- Intense Blast
- Intermediate Aerobics
- Intermediate Step
- Kids Fitness
- Level 3 Pilates
- Lifestyle show
- Low Impact
- Mind Body
- Multi Level
- Personal Training
- PRESS RELEASE
- Quick Fix Choreography
- Recommended Reading
- sit fitness
- social media
- Street Dance
- Top Tips for Fitness Pros
- Warm Ups