No Equipment needed for these Lower Training Sequences – 13 min Workout Don’t forget to subscribe up to my youtube channel for more workouts daily!
C2GO Newsletter 4th January Featuring Katie Bulmer-Cooke
Here we go. Hold tight. 2018 and is here in full effect.
I have lots of new initiatives planned and great ways to help, support and motivate you as Fitness heads into a whole new era.
Facebook groups are a brilliant way to connect and serve as people are reading email less and less.
Do you teach any kind of Freestyle group exercise class?
Join the C2GO Facebook Group. Im posting videos and class content daily here and lots of great support, motivation and chat.
I’m hosting a Kick Start Menopause Manifesto Talk tonight in my private Kick Start Group if this is a topic that affects you come and join in.
Rachel’s Top Fitness Events To Attend in 2018:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE fitness events
I could easily go to one every week!
Surrounded by happy positive folk
all sharing amazing knowledge & experience.
Here are my TOP recommendations for the beginning of 2018
Check out the convention
websites and lineups for the details
& I’ll see you there.
*Network – meet like minded people.
*Gain tons of new ideas & inspiration,
*Acquire a deeper knowledge in relevant topics & subjects
*ENJOY yourself & have a great time doing things you LOVE.
1: Jenny Burrell’s Women On Fire Event 28th – 29th April 2018 – Brighton.
if you serve women in any capacity this is THE conference to attend.
Pertinent Topics and Subjects.
***A 5 Star Event
2: International Fitness Showcase Blackpool
23 – 25th March 2018
The Winter Gardens.
If you love Group X THIS is the conference for you.
A fantastic experience
My brand new Social Media and Business Building Day in Central London
24th February 2018
For all Fitpros who want to get ahead in business and social media.
Hey C2Go readers, it’s been a while since I last wrote for the newsletter, but an email from Miss Holmes after reading my latest blog, means I’m back with a new article for 2018.
I decided to write a very honest blog and share it on New Year’s Eve. I have to be honest and say I hovered my mouse over the ‘publish’ button rather nervously before it went live. I’m not usually one for sharing stuff about my personal life but I felt like it was the right thing to do. I work in social media everyday, whether that be on one of my own businesses or working as a consultant for other businesses, and in 2017 I’ve realised that the vast majority of people and businesses only share the highlights, leading their followers (and those who are influenced by them) to believe that their life is perfect and that their own life is inadequate as a result. The truth is that everyone as their ups and downs and sometimes you have to go through a few lows to hit a big high. So, below is the exact blog I shared. I hope you enjoy reading it. Please feel free to ask me any questions about it on my social channels…
From the outside looking in, I’m sure many people would see my Facebook and Instagram and think I’ve had a pretty awesome year, and in lots of ways I have. However, social media only gives you the highlights, so I thought I’d use this blog to share the whole picture, or at least a bigger picture.
I have a very small attention span, so I’ve decided to write this as a bulleted list so that it’s easier to digest. Some of this won’t be easy to write, but I’m making a commitment that in 2018, I will share more than just the highlights of my life, so here goes…
- I’ve had another great year in business this year and feel like 2017 was the year I had the best work/life balance ever. I felt less guilty about being at work (mams will understand this) and had more quality time with Simon and Heidi.
- One of the major highlights was launching my own activewear collection, which was a dream come true!I joined the Sun FM team, and for the last 6 months have been presenting the Sunday morning breakfast show with my radio husband, Mr Tim West, and we recently found out that all of our listener stats have doubled, so a big thank you to everyone who has listened. I love radio, and it’s given me the push to re-start my podcast, on SoundCloud, for the new year (plus it’s easier than video as you don’t have to brush your hair)!
- I’ve worked with some big brands and businesses this year, behind the scenes as a consultant, advising on social media and business development strategy. I’ve throughly enjoyed this work, but in doing so, it’s taken me away from working on my own brand and away from my first love…coaching people and being a PT. As a result, this year I’m opening up my diary again to take on 4 new clients.
- This one is tough to write so I’ll just get to the point…I lost some friends. I’ve found this very difficult and sad, especially as some of them have been in my life for a very long time. I think that my biggest lesson here is that my expectations of others are too high, and had I been able to accept that everyone is different and have their own way of going about things and handling situations, things might be different…but they aren’t and I need to just suck it up now.
- On the flip side some existing friendships have grown stronger, and I’m very lucky to have such lovely, kind friends who I have tons in common with and I can completely be myself around.
- I’ve become a shareholder in three amazing businesses and I’m so excited to share more about these projects in the coming months.
- I’ve often been called naive when it comes to my view of other humans, but I genuinely think it’s taken me 31 years to realise that we are not all wired the same. This will make for a more guarded Katie in 2018, but ultimately one who doesn’t get hurt and isn’t disappointed.
- When it comes to health and fitness I’ve taken up Yoga and I love it, plus, after helping me realise I had a lot of Orthorexic behaviours, my good friend Ben Coomber has been instrumental in helping me have a much more down to earth relationship with food, and completing his online education, and reading his book has been epic. The fitness industry, and social media has a lot to answer for here and I promise to discuss this in a SoundCloud very soon.
- I’ve been so proud of Heidi since the day she was born, but this year she has really come into her own, with both her confidence in football and never caring that she is the only girl, as well as the work she’s done for several brands online both modelling and filming un-boxing videos.
- I’m also very proud of Mr. Katie, aka Simon, who never really gets the mentions that he deserves. He’s worked so hard this year on his business and it’s really paid off for him and he’s always so supportive of mine too.
- I’ve had a few health issues this year…from hormones to my heart but all is well now, so I’m looking forward to some good solid training sessions in the new year, once I’ve shaken this absolute monster of a flu!
- I learned that I love having a mic on. Whether it’s a head mic in a class, a lapel mic at a speaking gig or a hand held when I’m hosting an awards evening. I’ve worked hard on my stage skills this year and it’s paid off with several re-bookings and new gigs for the year ahead.
I’m excited about 2018, taking forward the successes of 2017 and learning some valuable lessons.
I can’t wait to get back on that gym floor, wear my Britney head set and teach more classes. It’s my first love, and if I do say so myself, I’m bloody good at it (I nearly retired earlier this year, but I’m very pleased I didn’t…thanks Mam for persuading me otherwise)…I’ll keep that story for SoundCloud.
Here’s to an awesome new year!