++Fitness Pilates Functional Progressive Back ++
Fitness Pilates Newsletter!
Welcome to the Fitness newsletter I hope you are having a great weekend and classes are busy and your Pilates business is thriving.
This weekends newsletter features a functional and progressive back workshop that I hope you find helpful and an article taken from the Fitness Pilates For Orthopaedic conditions certification, on dealing with wrist problems.
We the ever-increasing time spent on iphones and keyboards I created a hand and wrist FP workout which I have linked to below, just a few minutes incorporated into the warm-up can be hugely beneficial.
More client struggle with wrist problems so managing this successfully in our Pilates sessions is key.
Dealing With Client Wrist Problems
Clients may suffer wrist pain or an inability to place their hands correctly in 4-Point Kneeling, Box position or Table Top.
This includes ¾ and full Leg Pull (Plank and pushup) positions. In the 4-Point Kneeling position the client is asked to place their knees below their hips with hands (wrist and heel of the hand) below the shoulders.
This may be painful or difficult due to reduced wrist extension.
1. Move the hands slightly further forward to reduce the angle of wrist extension. Not too far forward though, as ideally the weight of the body needs to transfer from the shoulder, down the arm and through the heel of the hand in a vertical line
2. Make a fist so the wrist is ‘straight’ and lean on the knuckles
3. Place a yoga block under the heels of the hands
4. Use a hand-weight (one that wont roll away). Grasp the hand weight in a similar fashion to making a fist as above.
5. Ensure correct technique – body weight should be evenly distributed through the 4 points of contact (2 knees and 2 hands), not leaning forwards over the hands. If in ¾ or full Leg Pull position the client should still try not to lean too far forwards over the hands and try to keep some weight back over the knees or toes.
6. Reduce reps/breaths
7. Take more rest breaks
8. Adapt by reducing from ¾ or full Leg Pull position to 4-Point-Kneeling or ¾ respectively
9. If it is still too painful then suggest an alternative version of the same exercise such as prone lying swimming, or give an alternative exercise altogether
Have a wonderful week and if you need any help with your Pilates Training or help with your business please email me or send me a message on Facebook Messenger.
Have a great evening and happy teaching 🙂
Love Rachel xxx
Weekly Updates – Training, Workshops & News
**7 Day Trial Midsection Meltdown On Line On Demand**
Are you 45+ and struggling with unexplained midsection weight gain, hormone imbalances Click here for the 7 day trial details
**Fitness Pilates Health Coach**
Would you like to offer women’s wellness and health programmes alongside your Pilates classes? Click here for the Fitness Pilates Health Coach Certification
**ARE YOU TEACHING THE LATEST FITNESS PILATES INFORMATION?**
As you know with FP there is not an obligation to upskill and do more training to keep using the Fitness Pilates name BUT please, it is so important that you stay updated with everything new Kelly and I are constantly tweaking and adding new components to FP and it’s imperative you are not teaching older and outdated information.
Did you qualify with me many years ago or feel like you need a refresher?
Click for information on the FP REFRESHER- You can access to the current FP Training Dashboard, Including workshops and class choreography ideas.
*Remember to book early for your prep and reading time*
*Choreographytogo is the official Level 3 Pilates Provider for
Virgin Active Health Clubs*
5/6/7 April – Manchester Salford Quays Virgin Active 11-5pm
10/11/12 May -Nottingham Virgin Active 1045 – 4pm
21/22/23 June Guildford Spectrum 1230 – 630
27/28/29 September London Virgin Active Barbican 11 – 5
8/9/10 November Birmingham Solihull Virgin Active 11 – 5
17/18/19 January 2020 Bristol David Lloyd Westbury Times To be Confirmed.
7/8/8 February 2020 London Virgin Active Barbican Times To be Confirmed
CLICK HERE for all the course information and booking
The Level 3 Pilates is £860 or pay in instalments
- 90 Day Mentoring Programme
- Abs and Core
- Advanced Aerobics
- Audio Lectures
- Banner Rotator
- Basic Aerobics
- Basic Step
- Body Conditioning
- Chair Dance/Burlesque
- Equipment Free
- Fit Ball
- Fit Biz Tips Show
- Fitness Cheerleading
- Fitness Fashion
- Fitness Marketing
- Fitness Pilates
- Free Choreography
- Freestyle Fitness Yoga
- HiLo Warm Ups
- Intense Blast
- Intermediate Aerobics
- Intermediate Step
- Kids Fitness
- Level 3 Pilates
- Lifestyle show
- Low Impact
- Mind Body
- Multi Level
- Personal Training
- Quick Fix Choreography
- Recommended Reading
- social media
- Street Dance
- Warm Ups
- The 5 Steps to getting back on track with your nutrition and health Rachel Holmes Podcast ShowJuly 19, 2019
- The C2GO Instructor Newsletter 18th JulyJuly 18, 2019
- The next delivery of FP Activation Bands has just arrived!July 16, 2019
- How To Create And Launch Your First Online Fitness Course – 6 StepsJuly 15, 2019
- The Fitness Pilates Newsletter 14th July 2019July 15, 2019