TODAY is your 2ND INTERMITTENT FAST of the week – Are you ready?
Here is todays deal. Read carefully.
Intermittent Fast – Try and go 17 hours since last meal on Day 5
Break your fast with high protein meal with tons of veggies and nuts if you need an energy boost.
You need to get into the right mindset and to be honest you wont believe how much more time you have today as you wont be planning and eating food. Its liberating to be honest.
Points about fasting.
- You are giving your whole digestive system a complete break. So you wont be on an insulin/cortisol blood sugar roller coaster.
- Highly regarded studies have shown you will not lose muscle mass or slow down your metabolism – this theory is a complete myth.
- People all around the world use Fasting weekly and during religious periods. It is totally common practice for many, many people.
- Fasting once a week will help manage your weight, help you lose weight, regulate hormones and blood sugar.
- Improve brain function, memory capacity, enable you to focus and improved mental clarity.
- The food industry has been trying very hard to hide the benefits of fasting – think if the population of the UK fasted for 24 hours every week think how this would affect supermarkets/food production/food manufacturing companies etc.
- You are totally fine to train and teach in a fasted state.
- A 24 hour fast has been shown to be the optimum amount of time to get the best results from a fast.
- You may actually have never in your life experienced hunger. We are conditioned to eat every 3/4 hours, we have been told thats how we must eat, and that is conditioned into us. Even if you dont eat for 5 hours after your last meal your body is still in a fed state is still processing and digesting food, there is tons of unused energy in your system to keep you going.
- Fasting for 24 hours has shown to drastically reduced insulin levels.
- When you are in fasted state your body can burn fat.
- Fasting increases the production of growth hormone.
- Fasting once a week coupled with a HIT exercise plan and resistance training is a highly effective method to losing weight. It can also correct some of the negative metabolic effects that come from spending so much time in a fed state.
- Fasting once a week will lower your overall calorie intake per week of 15/20% with no negative effects on your metabolism.
- According to research after 18 hours without food the body begins to burn significantly more fat but then it levels out at 30 hours so 24 hours is a good point to go for.
- 1/ 2 fasts maximum per week will bring your significant results.
- Keep busy and active all day – Keep your mind occupied.
- Drink 3 – 4 litres of water
- Drink Fruit Teas.
Often times, hunger isnt one of these reasons. Habit and emotional connection are usually the reasons.
Ive been experimenting a lot for ideas post KSFL, Whats been working for me recently is to eat clean 80% of the time. Enjoy a cheat meal and fast once per week to maintain initial weight loss and physique. I fast on a day when I’m super busy and never when Im at home all day so I don’t even think about food and have a lovely meal prepared in advance in the slow cooker.